A Serious Question About Battery

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Merkuryy, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Guys, I'm gonna get a iPod Touch(8G) From Tokyo to replace my iPod Nano 1G(4G)------I will put it on my Kengsinton Speaker until the flash memory dye. I also got a iPod 5G(30G),and both of them have a "up to 14 hours of music playback".

With backlight off, EQ off, I get used to have the iPod dye after 10-11 hours of music playback. And the Nano reach the same level. What I expect of the Touch, is with the same usage(You can imagine, only music, no WiFi and mostly under playlist), I can at least "touch" 15 hours. That is 50% more, very enough for me, for I have tons of player that said "Up to 14hours" since 2002,and it's just time to have a boost.

P.S: If you say"Hey,If you want a 8G music player,then go for a new Nano" I will say that of course I will have movie and photo on it, and I will use iJailBreaker to install apps because I'm a big computer lovers.I just want to make sure if I want to turn it to a music player which can play 15 hours of music, I will not be very disappointed.I know that there are tons of Touch users that have iPod 5G or Nano 1G before, so pleaaaaaaaaaase help:p
    Peace

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

3. SirCrumpet macrumors regular

SirCrumpet

I think the question is "Will the touch last at least 15 hours with wifi/eq. etc turned off?"

4. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

That's it, thank you, I was so excited to ask that I forgot to point out the essential. The most important is that,"With those EQ,WiFi,Backlight off, and as the same way I use my iPod 5G and Nano(mentioned above, which mostly reach 11hours), can I get 15 hours? Can I finally quit this oldschool up to 14 hours of music playback"
    Thanx

5. Barnard macrumors newbie

16 hours using quality mp3s, maybe more if using 128 AAC.

6. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Sounds good, I read on Macworld that with WiFi on they can do it too, But I prefer daily use test, not numbers