A sharing issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HaveAnApple, Feb 20, 2014.

1. HaveAnApple macrumors newbie

I'm having trouble with sharing my scanner. I have a macbookpro and it runs OS X. Drivers seem alright, scanner is in working order (I can use it from my computer), but I can't share it over my home network for some reason.

Am I doing something wrong? What do you think I should do about this?

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Personally... I have the scanner connected to one computer, and I created a profile that is "Scan to shared dropbox".

The folder in dropbox is shared by everyone in our house. Anyone can scan, and pick up the image in their own computer in the shared dropbox folder. This particular scanner is connected to my wife's iMac which is on 24/7. When she walks away, she does not log out... she just lets it go to screesaver (w/password). The scanner still works ok in this setup.

/Jim

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

The ScanSnap is not a shareable device. Its software only works with a device directly connected to the computer. As Jim mentioned better to scan to a shared folder. I do all the scanning for our household and put the files where needed.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Open :apple: --> System Preferences --> Sharing. From there check "Scanner Sharing". Then select your scanner in "Print & Scan Preferences" and you should see a button like "Share this Scanner on the network".

Attached Files: