A shock for the price

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ToadFrog, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ToadFrog macrumors newbie

I got a NEW IPOD January 3rd 2012 and the battery was crap right off the bat, lasting 1/2 hour to an hour. Since it was a online purchase, I sent it back to Apple for a replacement device. Which they did without question and with excellent customer service. Now here is my gripe. The one they sent me as replacement keeps shocking me when it is plugged it. It is not a friendly little tingle or a gentle reminder, it is a nice ripper of a jolt. So basically I paid nearly $300 for a device I STILL have not been able to enjoy, explore, hold, and even experience all the features to. :(
    My family members have IPODs and charge them in the same manner in which I am charging mine, so I know it is not an issue of the device in which I am charging it from. It does it when plugged into the wall or the USB from various machines. I nearly dropped it the first time it jolted me....and what would have happened then?..it would have smashed the screen and then IPOD would not have replaced it. What a huge disappointment.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You must be a lemon magnet.

Your experience is exceptional. If it were common the iPod wouldn't be the success it is. Ask for a 3rd unit.