A short I made in Japan with some timelapse in : )

WestSt

macrumors member
May 9, 2010
Norway
I especially liked the slight cam movement in some of the shots. How did you do that in combinatian with time lapse? Did you actually pan the camera a few millimeters per minute (assuming not), or did you keyframe in post, or...?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That was a really good video and I loved the music too!

It made me miss living in Okinawa over ten years ago.

Dale Campbell

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
I especially liked the slight cam movement in some of the shots. How did you do that in combinatian with time lapse? Did you actually pan the camera a few millimeters per minute (assuming not), or did you keyframe in post, or...?
I was using a Kessler Crane (Philip Bloom Signature model) Pocket Dolly with a motor drive. You can set it to move a in short bursts at various intervals, there a various similar products around which allow for motion controlled timelapse.

Here is a making of that shows a bit of the rig in use
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLBar3zSY5U

----------

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Glad you enjoy it : )

----------

Glad you enjoy it : )

jabbott

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2009
Very nice short, Dale. I like the still subject during the time lapse scenes - it's a very nice effect. This also reminds me of the film Koyaanisqatsi. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out.

Dale Campbell

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
I haven't, will check it out just watched the trailer and it looks interesting. Thanks for the recommendation : )

Dale Campbell

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
This was really nicely done! Much better than any of the time-lapse stuff I've done (I need to practice way more.)
Just had a glance at your YouTube channel, you've got lots of interesting videos!
I spent the best part of a year doing test shots and sharpening my timelapse skills, still lots to learn and try though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.