A simple phrase-based screensaver

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jawadkcl, May 20, 2008.

1. jawadkcl macrumors newbie

I'm after a screensaver that allows me to enter a phrase (in the screensaver settings) that then gets displayed on the screen (perhaps with some cool motion pattern). I don't think something like this gets shipped with the Mac OS itself, which is not nice as it's one of the most generic things you cold think off:-(

Does anyone know of anything suitable?

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

So are you telling us you are disgruntled that OS X doesn't have that old POS floating text screensaver that Windows has? :eek:

I bet there's something out there similar (but better) ;) I'm not familiar with one but What about this?

3. jawadkcl thread starter macrumors newbie

Please help me find something suitable instead of defending Mac OS. I've used Mac for too long to keep comparing it with other OSes.

Anyway, I didn't say it had to be basic. Something with a decent look&feel would obviously be more welcome.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

^^^^^ Like that?

5. jawadkcl thread starter macrumors newbie

It doesn't let me enter a text of my choice. It simply displays the current time. Or am I missing something?

BTW, I've tried http://jokke.dk/software/showoff but it makes System Preferences crash, which is a little scary. I don't think it's meant to work on Leopard.

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

crap, I didn't realize it was only a clock.

I had a quick google trying to find something but came up empty.