A Single Dead Pixel...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JNL Productions, Apr 4, 2012.

1. JNL Productions macrumors member

I thought it was a piece of dust but alas...it is a one dead pixel. It shows black on lighter colored backgrounds. It seems so insignificant but it's so annoying.

Should I live with it or return (can I even return?)?

2. Yggbert macrumors regular

Does it bother you? If yes, return it. I returned mine because I had a few dead pixels in one place or some dust, not too sure which. New one is perfect!

You get 14 days of no questions asked return anyway and this is definitely a valid reason, you could probably get it replaced even after the 14 days for this.

3. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

I really don't understand why so many "should I return it" threads are made... its your iPad, if it bothers you, get it replaced. Seems less than thread worthy to me.

4. AllieNeko macrumors 6502a

Mine had a piece of dirt under the screen. AT&T (they say per Apple's request) has a NO returns/exchanges on Apple products, even if defective, policy. The Apple store is four hours away. Apple phone support agreed to swap it by mail (2nd tier support). They also told me to send in the charger and sync cable with it. A couple days later I got it back with a note that it was within specifications and WITHOUT the charger and sync cable and SIM card (didn't think to take it out, wasn't instructed to).

Had to go to AT&T to get a new SIM card, the tech guy (who'd gave me his email) sent a new charger and sync cord, and had me send it back in AGAIN this time with a force replace note. The new one seems great so far and perfect. Annoying but glad to get one with a perfect screen! That tiny bit of dirt was gonna drive me crazy even if it was "within specifications"

Just know, it might not be a simple or straightforward process. The tech I worked with was *great* though.