A "slim" case that has drop protection? (iPhone 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Basically, does anyone know of a clean looking protective iPhone 4 case that does not make the phone obese?

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Speck or case crown sliders.. Is felt lined and covers everything....giving me the impression of safety haha.

3. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

4. JayJayJay macrumors member

"Thin" and "drop protective" are mutually exclusive. The thinner a case, the less protective it's going to be, at least until they come invent or discover some material with qualities that will defy current laws of physics.

Those sliders suggested above are slim but won't do much to protect your phone if you drop it just right. They do little to dissipate shock.

----------

You might try the Element Case Ion 4. I absolutely LOVE this case. It adds minimal bulk and does provide some excellent corner shock absorption. This is possibly my favorite case (and I own 25+ cases, and counting, with more coming).

5. cole01 macrumors 6502

I'd suggest a speck candyshell, it does have some issues with the rubber peeling or the back scratching but that's why I got white so it wouldn't show. This is the thinnest case that I (PERSONALLY) would trust with a pretty hard drop.

[​IMG]