A Small Black line on the corner of my screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nickbailey, May 18, 2009.

1. nickbailey macrumors newbie

Hey-

So today I noticed a small black bar on the corner of my screen. I tried to get a screen shot of it, but i couldn't, like it was off the screen. However, my mouse dissapears under it when i move it there.It is a little hard to distinguish because it is the 2.4 ghz macbook aluminum, glossy screen so it has the black surrounding it, but it is definably there. This all along the right hand edge of the screen. Although there is a chance it may have always been there, I am not so sure. I think there are lines along the top and left hand sides, but they are much smaller. again it is hard to tell. I am fairly sure that there is none on the bottom of screen. Is this normal, or what? I have applecare, and I didn't do anything to my macbook personally, so I think they'd fix it, but that is a pain in the buttocks. Although it is getting me a little OCDish, and is slightly annoying, and I know these things on the screen tend to expand. So any guesses would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Nick

2. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

I know this sounds silly, but have you shut your Mac down, let it sit for a few seconds, then turn it back on to see if the bars are still there?

I know that when I'm using CS4, and use the hell out of it with multiple processes running at once, Photoshop will leave a very small white box on the screen and it doesn't go away, even when I quit all the programs. It'll only go away once I reset the system (this has happened twice so far). Perhaps you just have a graphics glitch.

3. nickbailey thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right i should have thought of it. im waiting to finish downloading some stuff, then I will reboot. I still won't be pleased if this is something I have to continually reboot to get rid of though. Has anyone else every experienced this?

4. nickbailey thread starter macrumors newbie

Just rebooted, and it didn't change anything.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

If you can't screen-shot it, it's a hardware problem (with the display itself, rather than how it is displayed, if that makes sense). If your mouse disappears behind it, there's an area of the lcd that's not showing a signal. Take it to an apple store and be a pest about it.