A Story and a Cry For Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HeavenlyYeti, Aug 27, 2009.

1. HeavenlyYeti macrumors member

HeavenlyYeti

alright guys. ***** just got real.

my iPod, that's been through every cliffdive, car chase, and shootout i've ever been in, from the heat of Mexico to the frost of Mount Everest, finally cracked.
    a big ooooooollllldddd crack on the screen. And I wasn't even doing anything dangerous!

I'm not letting my little friend just die, so I'm gonna pull a Darth Vader on this bitch. I wanna put it in some tough armor and of course add a screen protector.
    This is where you guys come in. Please direct me to the best case designed for the job. Bear in mind, I'll go nuts if I can't hear my music while on an adventure. Without my Mraz, Green Day and Aerosmith, it just won't be the same. :(

Thanks so much guys. Really, thanks. :)

(i have an ipod touch 1st generation)

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

I would go for a rebel touch or an otterbox case. They are the toughest.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

How about getting a new one, once the 3Gs come out and protecting it this time? In the mean time, the otterbox case is pretty good. Go for the toughest one they have.

4. HeavenlyYeti thread starter macrumors member

HeavenlyYeti

Are you a maniac?

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Gotta concur with the OP, if the device still works then what's the point in getting a brand new iPod? Sure, it has a crack but what's the harm if it doesn't affect how the touch screen works, right? Forking out for a new one when not necessary seems like a waste of money. Unlike the whiners here, the OP is actually man enough to live with it without trying to scam Apple or try and trick someone into buying them a new one, and for that I salute them.

6. na1577 macrumors 6502a

Believe it or not, some people like keeping what they have that works, and don't want to pay to have the latest and greatest! :eek: