A strange email! Some one receive them?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AGX, Feb 26, 2015.

1. AGX macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm not registred to Facebook or other social network.

But today I received a registration invite from Facebook by a people that I don't know, and the strange is.... there is anyone that have this GMAIL address! :eek::eek::eek:

Some days ago the same with an invite from LinkedIn. That i never used or registered.

I have opened this email address an year ago, and never used for nothing and no people know it.

How is possibile? The username of the email is so strange and I have zero spam... this is the first time that I receive an email, and specifically... an invite from someone that implicate that some one,.... know this mail?!

Someone received "randomly" some strange invite from unknown people to register to Facebook or Linked?

Facebook and Linkedin use some strange tactics to find email address and "simulate" invite? Or there is some explain?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I get Facebook friend requests to my work email from people I don't know, having never been on the site. I'd just delete them and move on.

3. AGX thread starter macrumors regular

This is only the confirm that Facebook... spam! :eek:

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

You new to the internet? Been living in a cave for the last 20 years?

5. AGX thread starter macrumors regular

No, but if this is true... is the clear confirm that some one, Facebook, linked in or Gmail spam.

Why this only with Gmail and not with my default iCloud email address?

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

The roads junkmail takes through the world wide web - The eternal riddle of life
    Will we ever know?

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Strange emails - the ones from an unknown provenance - I delete immediately.

(However, I will say that since I switched to Apple they are a far rarer occurrence than they used to be).

Strange phone calls, you know the ones, where a lilting sing-song accent more usually emanating from the Indian sub-continent announces that they are phoning you because of 'a problem with your Microsoft computer'……….those I also tend to terminate, quite abruptly.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Ignore mail like that. Block it (if you can) from reaching you in the first place.

9. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

I get those LinkedIn requests a couple of times each month. As others have stated if it looks strange or is from an unsolicited party just delete it and move on.

10. rosario1990 macrumors regular

I get that types to emails from 3rd parties. But never response to that.

11. AGX thread starter macrumors regular

I have contacted facebook and linkedit about this fact.

The reply?

Sorry, from Now we never send invites

12. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I also had an email from a guy in Africa who has the same surname as me. He has won the local lottery and just needs to pay £200 to claim his £1000000 prize. As I have the same surname, I could claim I had won it if I send him the £200. Should I respond....:D

In other news a young Russian lady has uploaded some pictures I was asking her for when we chatted online the other day. Should I click on the link....:D

Rolex watches for 90% off. To good to be true....:D

13. Meister Suspended

Meister

:eek:
    He contacted you, too?
    You have the same surname, too? :eek:

14. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Small world. I didn't know the three of us were related.:eek: Um make that 4 if you include our brother, from a different mother, in Africa.:D