A suggestion for October

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by CalBoy, Sep 27, 2007.

1. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Seeing as how a lot of people will want help (esspecially recent switchers) with updating their current Tiger systems to Leopard, would it be possible to Sticky a thread which contains basic instructions, and for people with problems to post about them? I just think it will make things simpler. Thoughts?

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

For authoritative information, we prefer to have Guides rather than sticky threads. Threads help with questions as they come up, and discussion of installation and upgrade techniques, but what helps others the most is when a person, or a small group of people, make the effort to consolidate the information into a Guide.

I hope we get volunteers to do that!

3. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

So if we put together a guide, would you be able to place it in the "Help/Basics" and "Mac OS X" forums? Is there any easy way to draw attention to them?

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes, in the yellow Mac Guides banner (at least I think it's yellow :eek:) at the top of a forum (example). Links to the "best" guides go there.

I expect we'll have dedicated Leopard forums, so that's where it would likely go.

5. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

Ok. Thanks for the quick responses (though I miss the wit you usually bring to threads. *sigh* it's just not the same without your witty remarks:().

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

8. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

*Claps hands* Yay! Ok, I feel better now. :D