A Sunday with No Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2fives, May 13, 2007.

1. 2fives macrumors regular

Another reason why when my year is almost up to buy apple care. So last night all was good. Doing some web surfing and light duty stuff at a buddies. Turn the com off and go home. This morning around 11 am I goto fire it up and the room is dead quiet so the 2 clicks the HDD made were obvious. Then nothing!! The screen stays grey and after about a minute the folder with a question mark comes up.

To make a long story short booting off the CD and accessing disk utilities my HDD doesn't even show up. I couldn't even boot off the DVD holding down C I had to hold down the alt key. Tried a 1/2 dozen other things too and nadda.

So back to Simply Computing tomorrow I go. Right now my :apple: = :(

2. yagran macrumors 6502a

unlucky dude. if u end up buying a new one amazon has some great clearence deals on MBP's right now.

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Vancouver?

4. 2fives thread starter macrumors regular

I'll just hit the one in Langley. I had excellent service with a dud battery I had to get replaced a couple mos ago. Hopefully just like the battery they have extra HDD's on hand. That would be sweet if they say no problem come back in a couple hours and it'll be ready.