Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If you're going to the beach, I guess you could at worst put on a shorty wetsuit if you're really against exposure, and just kick it surfer style... couldn't you?

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
nbs2 said:
Just quoting a snippet, but I take on small issue with your point. Sometimes people prefer to wear a specific item, because they like they way it looks on them and that makes them feel good.... ....I don't know.
If you wear the tie because you think it looks good and makes you feel better about yourself I guess there's no problem. I was talking about Someone who does not want to wear the tie but feels compelled to because they worry what people will think.

d wade

macrumors 65816
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
i would force my daughters to wear those.. except for the fact that i refuse to have a daughter. i will stuff it back in until it grows a pair.

(flame on ladies)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
mpw said:
I find this really sad. Not just women and bikinis, but the stupid image consciousness people have that makes them 'fear' what their own bodies look like.

*snip*

Most women I see in bikinis seem to have matching wraps/skirty things..

Once I stopped being so image-conscious, I was just generally all-around happier. If I have a huge, red zit, yea, I'll try to cover it up a little, but I won't flip out and confine myself to the house for the next three days.

It also helps to have lots of self-confidence... I can walk around the beach in a bikini. I don't need no stinkin' cover-up! Before I developed the self-confidence, I'd be hiding behind a towel, covering myself up with a beachball, etc. Now, it's all free sailing.
The creepy guys at the beach/pool don't seem to mind either. :cries: :eek: *hides behind floatie*

and yeah, most bikinis have a matching skirt wrap thingiee. But they cost more money. I'd rather walk around in only a bikini for $15, than in a bikini and coverup for $20. :D

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
MongoTheGeek said:
Then again i might let her go topless... and stand over her with a shotgun.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure you could be arrested for that :D

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I suppose the bit about 'going to town without changing' could be useful for the busy swimmer. But you would have to not mind dripping water and smelling of seaweed or Chlorine...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.