Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lurk

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Garden Grove, California
I've recently formatted my comp, I use XP Media Center Edition 2005.

iTunes 6 - Latest, I just dled it from the site
Multi Plugin - Latest, I'ved just dled it
iPod 5G - 30GB

Before formatting, I copied my music folder to my iPod, then after formatting, I transferred it back. While syncing my music without album art, there's no flaw. When I add in the album art, iTunes crashes around the 500th track or so. Any ideas on what's causing this?

Also, I've tried converting the ID3 tags of all my music to 2.4, I don't know what it does, but I just thought I'd do it anyway. - Yes, smart, isn't it? :p

I've restored my iPod, I haven't tried syncing yet, but any suggestions before I try to sync it again?

Lurk

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Garden Grove, California
Ok, please ignore/delete/close this thread. It seems that restore did it. I'll try more ways to fix it before posting a problem. Sorry for wasting your time.

Also, I'll post if anything goes wrong (in this thread, of course). I'm syncing and am currently at the 1200th song (500 was where I got the error).

aleph

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2005
I have had the same problem. I have found that by uninstalling mplugin I get a flawless sync.

There must be some compat issue between mplugin and the way that iTunes handles album art.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.