A Thread For People Who Have Dropped Their Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockton, Jun 26, 2010.

1. rockton macrumors newbie

So who else has dropped their phone? I'm so upset that I created this thread so I can commiserate with others. There must be others who have dropped their phones already.

Mine was in the cell phone case in my backpack as I was getting out of the car, and it slipped out and flew onto my asphalt driveway. I had been babying it so much and then I was in a rush not thinking, and didn't realize I hadn't zipped closed the cell phone case. My iphone 3g used to fit in there snugly with its rubber case, so I never used to zip up the holder.

Thankfully no scratches on the screen but there's a minor scratch on the back glass, scratches on the upper right corner aluminum part, and chipping of the glass on the edge of the lower left corner.

I didn't have a chance to get a case yet, since the apple store was all sold out.

It's not the cosmetic damage to the phone that I'm most concerned about - I will get a case eventually and probably won't see the damage. I'm just concerned about the internal parts and how the force of impact may have so slightly jarred them. Maybe my phone won't work as well now and I won't even know it :(

Meanwhile, the darn phone is as slippery as a bar of soap. Gotta go get a case for the thing :(

So who else has dropped their phones?

2. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

It happened today flew right out of my hand landed on asphalt right on the corner. One would think oh **** BUT I had the bumper. Saved my sorry arsh. My wife just gave me the look. :D

Actually it survived very well. Get a case or a bumper this thing is slippery

3. Caraj macrumors member

Dropped onto a stone tile floor twice from about 3 feet and no scratches or damage that I can see.