A thumbs up to Apple!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LikuidMetal, Nov 6, 2010.

1. LikuidMetal macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

So I was out photographing a wedding and up loading photos on a booth that was set up for me. When I returned there was a dent on the back side of my 13" MBP just to the right of the :apple: Logo. So every time I opened and closed my MBP a swirly circle would come up on the screen just like if you were to put your finger on an LCD Screen and apply pressure. So I went down to :apple: and they told me that they will cover the parts and labor for replacing the entire screen :eek:. I was so pleased and amazed, I thought that I was going to be out $500+ on parts & repairs. I love a company that stands by their products but then again this is APPLE we are talking about.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

that wouldn't matter, thats not a failure, thats inflicted, thus not covered.

4. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

you're lucky then because i dont think that's covered in the warranty or even applecare :/

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm wondering how that dimple got created on your lid.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

bridezilla caught newly wedded husband with her sister and the MBP happened to be close by.

That's my guess, anyway.

7. Daelos macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Occasionally happens. Had apalling customer service from apple over 2007 Mbp trackpad failure (common I believe) from the battery heat. Out of warantee and very rude genius staff - without me giving any reason for him to be so. 2 letters to apple, both arrive, both asking for a reply, no reply. All of a sudden the 8600 nvidia goes and they will now fix it and the keyboard for free! I guess it depends where you go and who you see!

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

This holds true for most retail establishments. At the end of the day I don't care if it's Apple or what the name is on the Store, the bottom line is some employees just don't care. That's just the way it is.

9. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

Yes, it's still under Warranty but normally they wouldn't cover a dent. The good thing was is that the screen was being affected. But there is, alot to say when you're dealing with retail stores, they are all different. The Apple employees in North Dallas are quite mean and the seem give out this attitude as if their better than everyone else. I just can't deal with people like that. Anyways I do consider my self lucky and happy :D

10. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

I got a call on Wednesday saying they (APPLE) have received the LCD display at around 2pm, then this morning (Thursday) at around 9am I got another call that it was ready. This was a great experience and excellent service. Really excited to have my MBP back!

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

You really lucked out cuz a dent is not covered in warranty.

12. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

Ya, but I'm soooo HAPPPPPPPY! Thanks to Southlake Apple In North Texas!

13. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I've purchased more than 15 new, absolute top of the line, fully loaded PowerBooks / MacBook Pros in the ten years I've been an Apple customer. During that period my experience with AppleCare has been positively exemplary. I have nothing but good things to say about Apples tech & warranty support. Fast, efficient, and professional.

14. pawelthegreat macrumors member

pawelthegreat

I would keep this quiet so that others didn't follow suit and show this thread as validation for something damaged not under warranty.