A Time Lapse shot completely with an iPhone 5s. #iPhoneography

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amine Baajeddi, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Amine Baajeddi macrumors newbie

iPhone has by far the best camera in its category. This is a Time Lapse of Rabat in Morocco shot completely with an iPhone. Proof that you do not need a big camera. Enjoy it in HD and share the love. #iPhoneography

- Technical Information:

Shot with an iPhone 5s.

Edited with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.

Hours Spent Shooting~ 5.

Hours Spent Editing~ 6.

Data~8gb.

http://youtu.be/15F-NNlZpqs

2. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Wow, just beautiful. Not just the camera work, but the places themselves.

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Nice shots, though very annoying that the music plays in one headphone :mad:

4. cynics macrumors G4

Looks very good! Bravo.

Can I ask you a couple questions that I'm a bit mystified about with a time lapse? I'm a bit confused on its time ratios, meaning if I run a time lapse I get inconsistent results of the time shot and the output video length.

I made a couple while driving and short time lapse videos are very fluid and end up around 20-25 seconds. Longer videos have the same output time but are very choppy (more frames dropped to achieve same output video time). I've also shot short videos that have a longer output file then longer videos. I can't see any settings for this and don't know what is going on. TIA!

5. James83448 macrumors regular

James83448

The longer you record for, the less frames per second the phone records. It's to save space as a 5 hour time-lapse recording at 2 fps would be huge, compared with usual of 1 frame every 8 seconds (for long videos)

Read this