A tiny issue with 10.6 about Loginwindow background

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zendar, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Zendar macrumors newbie

Hi there i know this is a really small issue but it really annoys me. I used to customize the login window to the way i am comfortable with (don't feel like looking at the colorful galaxy all the time), it used to be quite easy, just changing several files in the contents of the file loginwindow.bundle which locate in /System/Library/CoreServices/Securityagentplugins/ . However, when i did it in the new system, everything else works fine but the background (galaxy) always stays even though i have replaced the Defaultdesktop.jpg with the exact resolution of my desktop. So anyone have any idea where the "real" one is hiding and/or plz take a look of the original Defaultdesktop.jpg file and plz let me know the resolution. (i deleted the original already)

Thx alot... I just install the new system last night. Everything else goes well except i really miss iStat, my menubar has never been so empty :(

2. CloudMac.net macrumors newbie

Here is the command for changing the background image in the login window:

Code:
    sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow DesktopPicture /Users/Username/Public/custom_background.jpg

I found this at the http://www.macyourself.com/ blog.

As for system monitoring, I swear by XRG:

www.gauchosoft.com/xrg/