A tip for Jailbroken Touch owners.

Barnard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Put all the music and videos you need until on your Touch for the week now, then check this forum to find out whether the update breaks the Jailbreak on Saturday.

Sorry to sound like I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but better safe than sorry.

mattydub

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Put all the music and videos you need until on your Touch for the week now, then check this forum to find out whether the update breaks the Jailbreak on Saturday.

Sorry to sound like I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but better safe than sorry.

Or just turn off "automatically check for updates" and don't update??? And we already know the update is gonna cancel out the jailbreak. That is one of the reasons they are updating I'm sure.

Comment

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
A better tip is to download the 1.1.1 firmware, in case you update and find out it breaks the jailbreak.

Does anyone know if iTunes 7.5 still allows you to hold down 'option' when hitting 'Restore' so you can manually choose the firmware to restore from? I am waiting on that before I update to 7.5.

Details on firmware and link to 1.1.1 here-
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/382261/

Comment

phoenix.stu

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
Does anyone know if iTunes 7.5 still allows you to hold down 'option' when hitting 'Restore' so you can manually choose the firmware to restore from? I am waiting on that before I update to 7.5.
Yup. I installed 7.5 last night and yes you can still option click and choose the file you want.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.