Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Since deploying iOS 8 on my test iPhone, I've noticed that after a bit of use, my touch screen seems to think there is constant input on the bottom right corner of my screen. Is anyone else experiencing this glitch? I had it in beta 1 AND beta 2, but I'm hoping it's not the phone. The issue goes away for varying amounts of time if I lock and then unlock the screen.
Thanks,
-N

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
try to clean install ios 8 beta 2

Actually did that a few days ago. I even set the device up as a new iPhone instead of restoring my settings, and weirdly enough, it helped a ton. Or at least I thought it did. For the first day of use, it was like a new phone. Perfect functionality, I even lost some of the bugs I attributed to iOS 8. However, now it's been about 3 or 4 days with the device and I'm getting the touch screen issue again. Not nearly as bad as it was before I resorted to restoring the device, but bad enough that it's very inconvenient.

On another note, 7.1.2 is running fine on my main phone with the same device image that was previously on my iOS 8 test machine, which makes me think that it is for sure an issue with the digitizer. Last resort might be to set the phone up on iOS 7 once again and see if the issue resurfaces. Otherwise, it's an out of warranty phone, so....$40 for a new screen and digitizer? For sure worth it if that's really the issue.

motorazr

macrumors 6502
That's funny you should mention.

I happened to break my screen . . . partially . . . the same day I installed the beta. I assumed it was because of the crack in the bottom right part of my display... which, a few days later and after some pressure which *might* have broken the LCD too, seemed like a very logical explanation.

That said, is your display damaged in anyway? Perhaps it's some sort of error-correcting or input-correction malfunction?

Since deploying iOS 8 on my test iPhone, I've noticed that after a bit of use, my touch screen seems to think there is constant input on the bottom right corner of my screen. Is anyone else experiencing this glitch? I had it in beta 1 AND beta 2, but I'm hoping it's not the phone. The issue goes away for varying amounts of time if I lock and then unlock the screen.
Thanks,
-N

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
That's funny you should mention.

I happened to break my screen . . . partially . . . the same day I installed the beta. I assumed it was because of the crack in the bottom right part of my display... which, a few days later and after some pressure which *might* have broken the LCD too, seemed like a very logical explanation.

That said, is your display damaged in anyway? Perhaps it's some sort of error-correcting or input-correction malfunction?

From what I can tell, the display is not damaged. I have ordered a replacement display, just because it was only like $45. The phone is way out of warranty, so it's not like I'm going to hurt it anymore. iOS 7 didn't fix the issue either, so I think I can confirm that it's not an iOS 8 bug, like I initially suspected. Pretty strange that it was better for a while after the restore. Must have just recalibrated an already faulty touch screen for a short-lived fix. Thanks for everyone's help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.