A trackpad issue- need help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by odem, Jun 19, 2013.

1. odem macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

First of all , english is not my native language so I am trying my best to explain my issue because it annoys me a lot.

The click of my trackpad is different between it's left and right side. On the right side , it's normal clicking voice and the feeling is a brand new mbp clicking (I have mid 2012 Rmbp). On the left side, it is pretty soft and it has no clicking sound. By the way , both sides work and there is no functioning problem.

Last week I noticed something , when I blow air to left side for like 2-3 seconds, it became normal! The clicking sound , the feeling everything went back to normal. But after 10-15 minutes , left side feeling goes softer and right side still remains the same. I do this every time and I never be able to fix this permanently.

Anyone familiar with this issue or can someone give me an advice about it ? My mbp is 4 months old and i love it but it really annoys me and there is no apple store in my city right now. I love the "harsh " feeling of trackpad and want to use it like that. Any comments are welcomed!

2. pnyc macrumors 6502

The best thing to do is to take it to the Apple store if you can't do that finding an authorized apple service provider would be the next step if that's not an option calling apple would be what I'd do. Actually you might just call Apple first before you do anything, the computer is still on warranty so any defects are covered.

3. odem thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you but there is no apple store or service in where i live and I need to fix this "manually".

Anyone had a similar problem or anyone give me an advice? Is it about the air space or something else ?

4. JJ452 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem with launch rMBP. It started with the left side sounding different and then the click disappeared but I have noticed the multitouch gestures becoming more 'jumpy'. I also live far away from an Apple store so I haven't bothered getting it fix yet.

What usually works for me is if you turn it upside down and shake it - it'll work fine for awhile.