A trick to get free SMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sincereh2001, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Sincereh2001 macrumors member

I didn't see this posted anywhere. Seems like a cool trick if you text the same person constantly and don't want to pay for unlimited texts. Send SMS for Free via AIM on iPhone

2. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

already posted this in the apps section

3. player2 macrumors member

Too bad that will not help when people send you the initial text message.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

cool trick but search the forum next time. google: [that thing you wanted to search for instead of posting the same thread for a 100th time] site:macrumors.com or check out MRoogle.

have fun with those SMS's in the meantime... if you don't open that initial text you get you can just send them one back and say to repeat it to AIM.

6. ooo macrumors 6502

This thing has been out for years, since aim 4.0 when they allowed you to add mobile numbers to your buddy list. I've been using it for a while, but my friends get pissed at me.

If you IM a mobile device, they will receive the message with "Sent by SN message part # of #"

My friends have reported that they never get the messages in order, sometimes part 5 comes first then part 1 then 2, etc.

It wastes a lot of text and it doesn't come at once and they are all individual messages.

But hey its free on your part.

7. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

It's a cool trick. I've been using it for years. :p