Like many a few weeks ago I was holding off getting a new MBP – eagerly awaiting the new release – which I felt would be a major upgrade. Although it was, I’d been planning on purchasing a new 17-inch MBP, and was a bit disappointed to see that it didn’t get quite the same treatment as the Macbook and 15-inch MBP. I don’t have to immediately get a new 17-inch, so I’m wondering if I should hold out for a future upgrade. I can’t imagine Apple not eventually extending the improvements (like the uni-body process to the 17-inch). When the new laptops were unveiled, my first reaction was that Apple wanted to get new products out before Christmas, but there wasn’t enough time to retool for a completely new 17-incher. I wonder if a “really new” 17-inch MBP will be announced at Macworld in January?