Alright, i've been wanting to post my situation for quite a while, but have been diverting until i've learned a few things. now i've learned, and i still need to post. my situation is this: i'm going into art school this fall, and my program asks that we have macs. they don't push any particular kind, but do push macs. i plan on selling my current laptop, a toshiba satellite, 17 or 15-inch (i can't remember specifics about this laptop, but the screen is honkin' huge.), to my brother for 500 dollars. about 70 dollars less than what i paid for it so i'm not losing a whole lot. and with that money, and with the money i'm (trying) to save, i plan to purchase a macbook. but what i was wondering, is if i should take advantage of this back-to-school promo and go with the low-end white MB, up the RAM, and get an ipod (which i would keep. . my current ipod still works, but man it looks horrible, and something rattles around inside when i pick it up!) or should i spend about the same amt of money and get a refubished blackbook. i'm not sure what programs i'll be using, but definitely photoshop, and other photo-editing software. i asked them what programs they use when i visited a few months ago, but she rattled off so many that it just kind of floored me. but what i'm wondering is if i should spend the money for a refurb. blackbook, and skip the free ipod, or just take advantage of this b-t-s promo. i can't buy now because i'm waiting for my brother to get back from colorado in mid-july from his summer internship. i'd love to buy now, but i just can't.i know a lot of you (myself included) preach that if you need it, buy it now. . . i can't. or i would. but any advice? i've pretty much knocked off any desk-units because i will need portability. . but any help, anybody?