A USB-C from eBay adaptor that works?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Somnesis, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Somnesis macrumors newbie

Hey :)

I see many people recommending this Jelly C adaptor from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Comb-Hi...qid=1436471321&sr=8-1&keywords=jelly+comb+usb

but unfortunately I can't get that one cos Amazon doesn't ship that product type to my country.

I see there's a lot of look alikes on eBay but there's reports that those don't work. Has anyone gotten an adaptor like this from eBay that does work and if so, could you please link me to it?

Thanks! :)

2. knightmare456 macrumors newbie

knightmare456

I got on of those on eBay, it looks exactly the same as the pics in the Amazon link, no branding whatsoever, seems really well made, I've been using most days for a couple of weeks now and so far it's worked flawlessly, it cost me £4.99 including postage which seems reasonable.

3. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

4. Somnesis thread starter macrumors newbie

@headcase: Sorry, no can do on monoprice either :( They're also US centric and shipping to me (in Norway) costs $50 which is totally not worth it. Again, this is all about *shipping* in the first place.

@knightmare456: Awesome! Thanks! Could you link me to the one that you bought? In case there's a bunch of different ones and many of them don't work (because there are definitely posts on this forum about a lot of those eBay adaptors not working). Thanks! :)

5. Somnesis thread starter macrumors newbie