A user rating system.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by blueroom, Sep 5, 2011.

1. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Just a thought, seems my ignore list is ever growing and it occurred to me it might be more useful than outright banishment a user rating system.

Under the user name would be a private ranking system i.e. wise, friend, idiot, plonker... Or as some other forums have a voted system i.e. red squares / green squares.

I would prefer this in addition to outright ignore.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This issue has been brought up several times. We don't need a rating system. This place is high school enough as it is.

3. chown33 macrumors 604

He was asking for a private system:
    It would only be visible to the individual member who did the ranking. Just like ignore lists.

4. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

You could have something like a 'Thank Meter' that showed how helpful/useful a user is based on the number of thanks they have received from fellow users. That would be good. But i dont think something that could end up with a negative rating would be.

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Since we already have a post rating system, why not just tot up the total of every post rating and display the result on the user's profile? That would give people a clear indication of whether a user's posts are overall socially acceptable or not.

6. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The problem is that all the militant Apple haters band together to down vote certain people and certain type of posts.

9. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

What Apple haters? There are less than a handful of them on this site. That aside, in my mind, rating is only meant to be a bit of fun anyway. People who take it seriously and downvote in hope to change someone's opinion or a fact are wasting their mouse clicks.