a username & password manager?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrgreeneyes, Oct 14, 2008.

1. mrgreeneyes macrumors 6502

is there any username and password managers for mac?

i cant seem to find any.

i just want an app that i can add all my usernames and password for all the websites that i go to.

i know firefox and i think safari does it, but for some reason it never remembers any of my usernames or passwords.

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

There are a ton of them. I use info.xhead, which is free. There are many others though (I'm blanking on actual names for them). Go to versiontracker.com and search for password manager. Should have a number of them show up. Check out the ratings and comments for each one. There are good free ones.

You could also go the route of 1Password, which people swear by. I didn't much like it, but it keeps all the username/passwords remembered on a browser level, rather than having to use a separate application.

3. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

1Password actually does both - it's an application that also integrates into browsers.

If you're not going to go with a free one, I don't think there's a better commercial one available...

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Absolutely +1 for 1Password! Love the ability to sync the info with multiple machines through them also.

Just go to http://agilewebsolutions.com/products/1Password and download the demo- then plunk down the $29.95 (currently on sale for 25% off BTW) and enjoy it!