Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

A very bad day for my Series 4

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Happened this morning during installation of WatchOS 😭
C9885CCF-F366-4062-B6B5-1EB233205ECD.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: MacCheetah3

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Tried to forced restart with no success. After a call with Apple they organised a fast assistance for the next days. But still very unhappy, just 2 months of life for it :(

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Unfortunately, Apple is the only one that can rectify that issue. They will have to use the diagnostic port to reboot the watch and then if there’s any software updates, they will install the latest watchOS update as well.

Comment

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Boxed and sent to Apple yesterday. I hope they will be fast, I’m missing my Apple Watch 😭
BEE2E6D5-A9C0-4AC2-A6D4-C658FAA71320.jpeg

DB090D7E-AADC-4609-9E85-02E824B988FE.jpeg

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Boxed and sent to Apple yesterday. I hope they will be fast, I’m missing my Apple Watch 😭
View attachment 1690629
View attachment 1690628
Good luck. Let us know if they just sent you back the original or did they send you back a replacement. Be curious to know, given this is a software issue. I’m not sure what your turnaround time would be, being you’re from Italy.

Comment

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Good luck. Let us know if they just sent you back the original or did they send you back a replacement. Be curious to know, given this is a software issue. I’m not sure what your turnaround time would be, being you’re from Italy.

Well, I left the package yesterday ad the carrier pickup point. I’m afraid of have to wait 5-7 working days. I will let you know about replacement or not 👍🏻

Comment

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Very disappointed. Something went wrong with support service and they notified me a bill of 353.44 € plus taxes for the repair like if I haven't got AC+. After one hours of call with the support again we agreed that I will refuse the repair, they will send back the watch to me and we will do again a new repair quest. And anyway not sure if they will repair/replace it for free or if I have to spend one of my replacement fee with AC+. I repeat: very very disappointed.

Comment

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
I had this issue with my S2 and Apple "US" replaced it without any issues. No AC but I was within the 1Y Apple intial warranty.

Very disappointed. Something went wrong with support service and they notified me a bill of 353.44 € plus taxes for the repair like if I haven't got AC+. After one hours of call with the support again we agreed that I will refuse the repair, they will send back the watch to me and we will do again a new repair quest. And anyway not sure if they will repair/replace it for free or if I have to spend one of my replacement fee with AC+. I repeat: very very disappointed.

Comment

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I had this issue with my S2 and Apple "US" replaced it without any issues. No AC but I was within the 1Y Apple intial warranty.

I bought it from Amazon.it but italian consumer protection says that in the first year the manufacturer must fix problems like this one. I hope everything will be solved in this way early.

Comment

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy

Some news: today the apple watch come back not repaired. The guy that follow me with apple support couldn‘t arrange a new repair with an at home pick up, so I need to bring the watch at the apple store. I repeat again: disappointed.

Comment

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Some news: today the apple watch come back not repaired. The guy that follow me with apple support couldn‘t arrange a new repair with an at home pick up, so I need to bring the watch at the apple store. I repeat again: disappointed.
Every time I've sent Apple anything to be repaired it has: A) been sent back repaired but badly scratched and scraped or B) been sent back with them saying they could not replicate the (very obvious) issue.

Comment

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
They’ve been doing that a lot lately. I had to send an iPhone 7 to them with an issue covered under a repair program three separate times before it actually came back fixed. They kept making excuses.

Comment

TheSkywalker77

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 9, 2017
It seems like a software issue like that should be a free repair. If you were updating it to a public version of software and that happened, how is it your fault??

Comment

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Yesterday I went to the Apple Store and after a short talk with the genius he pick my watch to send it to repair in the right way. After few minutes I left the Store I received an email with a 0 € bill for it, so I hope I've finally solved this nightmare. We will see when I will receive my watch back, but at this point I'm optimistic.

Comment

nickdalzell1

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2019
This type of issue is why I NEVER update anything. Once you have been burned in the past you learn to keep what you got since it still works. Sorry about your watch, OP.

I will stay on watchOS 6. I don't need what 7 is offering especially if bricking the watch is the possible outcome.

Comment

stanza.richi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Today, again an email with an estimate of 343.44€ + tax. 🤬 I have to admit that in this moment I want to sell all my apple device. I’m feeling joked and cheated by apple support.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: robotica
Comment

SisterBlue22

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
This type of issue is why I NEVER update anything. Once you have been burned in the past you learn to keep what you got since it still works. Sorry about your watch, OP.

I will stay on watchOS 6. I don't need what 7 is offering especially if bricking the watch is the possible outcome.
Millions and millions of people update their phones and watches successfully...the miniscule chance of something going wrong isn't, in my opinion, a reason to not update. Most of the people who post here are the ones who have issues and need help, but the millions who have no issues don't post, so you don't know about them.

Comment

nickdalzell1

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2019
There's another reason I don't update. Unnecessary change. If everything works fine why bother? After iOS 7 Apple lost my confidence in any updates. Same goes for Android today. I would rather avoid the frustration, thank you.

Also, staying on WatchOS 6 means I don't lose force touch.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.