Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smithy75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I bought a lovely shiny new iphone 4 on launch day from the Newcastle apple store, and I love it, I have not had any of the problems I have read about, until my home button started to become unresponsive, so I made a genius appointment and the although the problem did not show itself to him, he has arranged for me to go back tomorrow and swap mine for a new one, I just hope its as good as mine minus the home button problem, I just thought I would share my happy experience. :)

Paulywauly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
Durham, UK
I bought a lovely shiny new iphone 4 on launch day from the Newcastle apple store, and I love it, I have not had any of the problems I have read about, until my home button started to become unresponsive, so I made a genius appointment and the although the problem did not show itself to him, he has arranged for me to go back tomorrow and swap mine for a new one, I just hope its as good as mine minus the home button problem, I just thought I would share my happy experience. :)

Newcastle Apple Store? In the UK? Hello fellow northerner! Hope your iPhones okay

smithy75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hi fellow northerner, yes good old Newcastle upon Tyne :), ill get my new one tomorrow, fingers crossed its a good one :)

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Wow Apple seem to be very good at replacing without any hassle at all. Thats very reassuring when you are spending so much money.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I have to say that even though the antenna issue really irks me, I have only had one semi-bad experience with any Apple store, and that turned out to be more of a misunderstanding than anything. In fact, the manager of the store even called me to get more information about the issue and to explain to me more thoroughly.

I tried to reserve an iPhone and got the confirmation screen glitch that made it appear that I had a reservation when I actually didn't. I called the store and a day before launch day, they had added me to the reservation list.

Even when my products are out of warranty, they do everything they can to help, and always take a lot of time with my trying to resolve issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.