A very lightweight MBA "13 backpack for cyclists?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by karlth, Aug 29, 2011.

1. karlth macrumors regular

Can anyone recommend a slim, lightweight backsack that could handle the MBA #13?

2. meistervu macrumors 65816

500g, 20L

The Deuter Speedlite 20 is the lightest backpack that works well as a backpack. It's designed by a company that make serious backpack, so they know how to do it right.

I originally considered it as a biking backpack but couldn't justify paying $80 while my other smaller back pack was still functional, then I got the MBA 13. It has the simple and well thought out design that I really like. For example, in addition to a large hydration pocket (where my 13" in a Be-ez LA robe goes) in a main compartment, it has a large stash compartment for globes, light, wind breaker, whatever. The side pockets are big enough for water bottles on a hike (I am not into hydration bag except for technical mountain rides).

The most amazing thing about this bag is not just how compact and light it is for a 20L capacity, but how well it carries the load given those attributes. There is a Delrin frame that hold the shape when empty and weigh next to nothing. And yes, it will fold to fit the back pocket of your jersey.

http://www.rei.com/product/810379/deuter-speed-lite-20-pack