A very low priced MFi Certified 3ft Lightning cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Zmanbaseball2, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Hey guys,
    I just spotted this new lightning cable from Anker. It's only $10. Just thought I share so those looking for a lightning cable can buy one for cheap and Apple Certified.
    [Apple MFi Certified] Anker® Lightning to USB Cable 3ft / 0.9m for iPhone 5s / 5c / 5, iPad Air / mini / mini2, iPad 4th generation, iPod 5th generation, and iPod nano 7th generation
    http://amzn.com/B00K4VQZCM
    I'm getting mine soon for review.
    I don't work for Anker. Just sharing a very low priced Lightning cable.

2. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Thanks for the info. I wish they had a 6' one. Oh well maybe later. :)

3. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I record this 6ft cable:
    Tech Armor Apple Certified Lighting Cable - 6 Feet- Black - Lightning Cable - Sync and Charge iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5th Gen - Lifetime Warranty
    http://amzn.com/B00EH8EG7Y
    I have 3 of them and they all worked well for the last 3 months.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Curious, is there a referral or something else of that sort that you are getting from these types of links?

5. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

No, it is from the share button in the amazon app on iOS. Go to any product and tap the share button. Then press copy.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Got it. Interesting.

7. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Pretty sure MacRumors scrubs all referrals from Amazon links and adds their own.

8. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

No. I do that all the time. I recommend many products and link them to amazon.

9. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Testing.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K4VQZCM/?tag=gruber-20

If you click on the link, you'll see that the tag for that "example" referral ID is replaced by the one for MacRumors. You might be able to get around this using other means, but that's not the point I was trying to get across. Sorry for the confusion if that's what you meant.

10. maliu macrumors 6502a

I'm confused. I click on the link and it takes me to Amazon and the cable referred to above.

11. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Are you talking about amazon affiliates? When someone posts a link with a referral that if someone buys the product the referral gets money from amazon. I just get my links straight from the amazon app.

12. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Sorry for all the confusion. Someone asked earlier if there was a referral in the original links. I realize that there wasn't an affiliate link, but I was trying to make the point that even if there was it wouldn't matter because MacRumors removes individual Amazon affiliate links and adds their own. So referral fees would always be going to MacRumors.

Apologize for getting the thread off track. We can now return to the original topic :)

----------

Sorry for the confusion. I was just trying to show how the affiliate tag "gruber-20" gets replaced by a macrumors tag if you click the link. I apologize if I took the thread off-topic.

13. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

14. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

15. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

But Amazon will only ship to the US. I could order six for $45CAD shipped which is still cheaper than Amazon as well.

16. maliu macrumors 6502a

"Apple MFi certified cable - it has passed the 3rd tests based on the Apple MFi technical specifications"
    From the way this statement is phrased I doubt the are REALLY MFI certified.

17. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

I actually have the cables. They're MFi certified. Want to check yourself? https://mfi.apple.com/MFiWeb/getOnLineNDA.action and search for "DONG GUAN YELLOWKNIFE Industrial Co., Ltd.".