A very poorly iPod touch 8gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beccer, Jul 9, 2011.

1. beccer macrumors newbie

Hey there.

I have an iPod touch, and basically, the home button doesn't work, and the device is locked for millions+ of minutes.

Now I've googled this to no end and can't find a fix as each fix for each problem need the other button to work!

Any ideas?

2. SaMaster14 macrumors 6502

Have you tried restoring the device? It could be a software issue messing with your home button.

Or is the button actually stuck?

And what do you mean the device is locked for millions+ minutes? did you lock yourself out by trying the wrong password too many times? If so, you need to plug it into the computer its registered with to unlock it. But if its locked because the home button doesn't work, you can still use the top power button to turn it on... I just wouldn't go on any applications because, well, you won't be able to get back to the homescreen...

3. beccer thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I've tried most things, I can't restore it because of the home button.

It locked itself out one day so when I turned it on it was locked for millions of minutes (5967111 to be precise)

4. SaMaster14 macrumors 6502

you can still restore it by plugging it into the computer that its registered on. Just plug it in, and iTunes will guide you through what you need to do.

And how does it lock itself out?? something must be really messed up with the device...

5. beccer thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have that computer anymore haha.

I guess my only options are to either take it into an Apple store, or buy a new one! haha.