A very serious back up problem !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dominichage, Oct 14, 2011.

1. dominichage macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, but i thought this would be my last resort before I sell my iphone.. though i recently became an avid fan of it !

My iPhone 4 16GB was working perfectly, syncing apps, contacts, calendars, notes to my Windows 32-Bit PC through iTunes 10.4

i donwloaded the new version iTunes 10.5, and synced again ! i get a pop up window from itunes displaying 4 notes that got conflict in syncing with outlook ( though they are identical ) i choose to sync from iphone, and my sync is done BUT I GET THE MESSAGE : ITUNES COULD NOT SAVE A BACKUP ON THIS COMPUTER.

Now, its not even giving me a message, it just freezing ( the circle next to the iphone keeps rolling , but the status bar is freezed ) and not doing any backup at all.

I HAVE DONE THE FOLLWING :

*UNINSTALL ITUNES 10.5 + ALL APPLE SOFTWARE FROM THE PC. AND REINSTALL; USED REVO SOFTWARE TO DELETE ALL REGISTRY FILES REMAINING AS WELL.
    *RESETTING THE PHONE BY LONG PRESS TO HOME N LOCK BUTTON
    *DELETING OLD BACKUP FROM EDIT , PREFERENCES, DEVICES BACK UP
    * DELETING OLD BACKUP FROM c:USERS.. ETC.. APP. DATA. ETC.. BACK UP
    *CHANGING TIME ZONE, CHANGING CABLE, CHANGING PORT

TOOK THE IPHONE TO SYNC IT ON ANOTHER PC OF MINE WHERE I ONLY HAVE MUSIC SYNCHRONIZED AND NOT INFO & APPS. ALSO NOT BACKING UP.!!!!!!!

p.s: AS SIMPLE AS IT COULD BE, WHEN I PLUG MY PHONE TO MY FRIEND'S PC, IT DOES A BACKUP NORMALLY WITHIN SECONDS..

AM I SUPPOSED TO STUMBLE THAT MUCH INFRONT OF A BASIC PROBLEM LIKE THAT? WHAT IS THIS WEAK PROGRAMMING !

I DEEPLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU MIGHT HAVE, WHICH IS ELSE THAN THE BASIC THINGS ( SOME STUPID ) I READ IN ALL OF THE FORUMS ON THE WEB THOSE PAST TWO DAYS !!!

THANK YOU GUYS !!

2. darkgoob macrumors 6502

3. jgaz macrumors member

jgaz