A very strange Behaviour on the retina iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by misho73, Oct 30, 2014.

1. misho73, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014

misho73 macrumors member

Hello guys,
    is this a normal Behaviour? to maximize and shrink finder window (in the column preview mode having pictures to review) it takes almost 15 second to do the job each way. very slowwwww!!!!!
    I do not recall such a problem with the late 2013 model. if this an issue what should I do???
    (do not mind the distortion that occurs it's from my phone's camera)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PViv02Cyf94&list=UUxcPPuJb6-EZal12bJOJ7yA

2. misho73 thread starter macrumors member

3. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Strange, I have the retina iMac and it doesnt do that for me (I tried)
    Though I personally never use the maximize on any programs, especially not the finder windows, so I probably wouldnt mind. But of course good to figure out whats causing it. I have no good suggestions though. Did you do a clean install or did you do a time capsule restore?

4. FredT2 macrumors 6502

Hi, I'm not sure what you are trying to show. The video quality is really bad, so it's hard to judge what's going on. What I can say is that when I try maximizing the finder preview window and viewing some large (30+ MB) raw files, other than a perhaps one-second delay while the photo is loading, everything is fast. I have no delays when resizing the window.

5. misho73 thread starter macrumors member

I did not do a clean install. (Should I?) Used the os x as it came off the box and did a time machine restore.
    i thought the machine comes already with a clean installation os

----------

Pardon me for the bad quality. What i am trying to show is that i hit maximize then 15 seconds later the window is maxmized. After that i hit to shrink the window again it took another 15 secs to respond.

6. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

A very strange Behaviour on the retina iMac

Time machine restore means it restores your old machine. The os and everything and deletes the current content of the hdd. So there might me something old stuff deep down making this behavior. It's the same as when doing an iCloud restore when getting a new phone. There might be something old looming somewhere that can make your battery last shorter etc.

7. misho73 thread starter macrumors member

Actully i did a manual restore. Took the files/folders and dragged them to thier new locations. Installed all the apps fresh

8. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin