Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henri9009

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Montreal
Hi to all!

I’m face a really tricky one… it’s not a big problem, but it’s really annoying and it’s not easy to find a solution.

I’ve bought a MacBook Pro (late 2011 model) to my girlfriend, to introduce her to the Mac world. :)
I personally have exactly the same machine (only difference: I have a larger HD).

She’s Japanese, to she makes searches in Google in Japanese (with Chrome).
Even though Google says that it took for instance (0,58 secondes), it takes about 2 seconds to see the results on the screen. There’s a delay.
With my computer, the delay is normal.
The problem occurs ONLY with Japanese searches.
I did tests with Firefox on her computer, it’s the same behaviour.

I did an Internet speedtest on her computer, everything is normal (we have 25 mbps download). I really don’t know what do to change that annoying behaviour.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Is this site a Japanese site or a North American site? Plus it is well known Crome is a resources hog in OS X! What does that stock Safari do when going to the site?

Henri9009

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Montreal
Is this site a Japanese site or a North American site? Plus it is well known Crome is a resources hog in OS X! What does that stock Safari do when going to the site?

Good idea, I didn't think about Safari. It works fine... but saying it again, I don't have the very problem on my computer (which is the same) even with Chrome.

Yes, she does searches on Japanese sites, hosted in Japan.

I worked on another problem: after a reboot, the wifi was long to take off. I deactivated Bluetooth, did a thing that I found on a forum, and the wifi works fine now.

After I solved that wifi problem, I did some tests again: still the same delay with Chrome, but it works fine now with Firefox. Still goes well with Safari, but I'm in love with OneTab... and this doesn't work with Safari.

Seems that she'll use Firefox from now on.

Pretty weird the delay on Japanese searches with Chrome.

Thanks!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Good idea, I didn't think about Safari. It works fine... but saying it again, I don't have the very problem on my computer (which is the same) even with Chrome.

Yes, she does searches on Japanese sites, hosted in Japan.

I worked on another problem: after a reboot, the wifi was long to take off. I deactivated Bluetooth, did a thing that I found on a forum, and the wifi works fine now.

After I solved that wifi problem, I did some tests again: still the same delay with Chrome, but it works fine now with Firefox. Still goes well with Safari, but I'm in love with OneTab... and this doesn't work with Safari.

Seems that she'll use Firefox from now on.

Pretty weird the delay on Japanese searches with Chrome.

Thanks!

I suspect it has to do with the Flash embedded with Crome is either old or to new!

Reactions: Henri9009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.