A virus?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mrg02d, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Ok, so I added some repo and downloaded some app. I forget what it was...It made my phone go to the activation screen and wouldn't let me activate it. I had to restore my phone in DFU mode.

Before it went to this screen, the apple logo appeared and had a strange shimmer animation to it.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

'Nuff said. If you go around downloading stuff from Cydia willy nilly you are bound to encounter an issue at some point.

3. Mrg02d thread starter macrumors 65816

Yea, that part was obvious. What I asked was wether or not it could have been malicious.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Probably wasn't malicious, was most likely just something that was badly programmed and/or hasn't been recently updated. Most certainly could have been malicious, though again, probably not.

5. TomH TX macrumors regular

If you download repos and/or apps directly from Cydia itself, Cydia does a pretty good job of warning you if the proposed dl is incompatible with your device or ios version. :D However, if you go to one of the "hack" sites, you are on your own, and need to know what you are doing and what you are dl.:eek:

6. Eclipse538 macrumors regular

Learning the ropes

Happened to me once, learned my lesson, it's not the app, it's the user and lack of knowledge on the subject.

Learn from it

7. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Go to "some" random repo and download "some" random app and you're surprised it wrecked your phone? :rolleyes:

8. Mrg02d thread starter macrumors 65816

What's with all the hate guys? I wasn't asking for help, just about the capabilities of a virus. Sounds like some of you have no experience with what happened therefore I must assume your'e trolling....y'all see me rolling, why you trolling? Trying to catch me riding dirty?

9. SoLongAndroid macrumors member

You were probably downloading dirty, and not ridin.