A warning-Don't stick with verizon internet!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBox360, Sep 16, 2007.

1. MacBox360 macrumors newbie

Wow, so i get home from school on friday and i try and play and nice game of halo on xbox live. The internet FAILS. My mom calls and tells me they accused her of making a payment, but she really did that that they were going to restore the account in 24 hours. As if that's not bad enough, we waited 24 hours, nothing. 30 hours, nothing. We call verizon support; they aren't there to help, apparently they are only open monday-friday even though verizon support boasts "24/7 support" through the same number. Even on sunday, they still failed. Horrible service.

So thanks to verizon my internet was down for the weekend, therefore making it the most boring weekend ever.

Verizon all around has a horrible way of service. They put you through a robot that will make you shout at when you call, and half the time the internet breaks down or slows for no reason.

If you are getting a internet plan, DONT STICK WITH VERIZON.

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Stuff happens, sucks that they cut you off and didn't reinstate in time but thats life, I guess. At least you don't have to deal with Comcrap - our outages aren't even billing related, it just breaks once in a while.

3. monke macrumors 65816

monke

There's other stuff to do than internet on a weekend. :rolleyes:

4. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

like what.

/end sarcasm

5. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

My DSL modem died after like 5 years of use. Now they expect us to pay for a new one. The tech they sent out said he was surprised the modem still powered on. So that shows they expected it to die after the warranty was up which I think was 2 years. The whole point is, how are we supposed to use their service when the modem they initially provided doesn't work? It would be much cheaper to switch to another provider right after the modem dies to get another free one.

6. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

You know the Internet has become to important when...

Seriously there is a lot more to life then the Internet, or computers or even....:eek::eek::eek: television. Whatever happened to reading a book, or going for a hike or a walk?