A wasted trip to goodwill!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZiggyPastorius, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

So I went to Goodwill, and for $5, I got a "Macintosh extended keyboard" from like the 80's, made by "Performantz" and marketed by the "Apple Computers Corporation" :p and I also got Math blaster, because I ****ing loved that game when I was like, 7. Anyways, all was fine and dandy, until I got home and realised Math blaster is classic and I can't play it, and the keyboard was a non PS/2 connection, so I can't use my -usb convertor and use it in my macbook! I'm so heartbroken ;.;

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The keyboard is an ADB keyboard. There are many USB to ADB converters out there in the world. Also, Intel Macs cannot run programs that are not written for Mac OS X. However, there are several Pre-OS X emulators out there in the world.

TEG

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I know...They were only $5 together, so I'm too lazy to get the convertor, and I tried SheepShaver, but it didn't work, and couldn't find anything else. Oh well, just thought I'd share my pain :p

4. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Awww! That's a shame, I hope your thrifting proves more fruitful next time. :)

5. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Hah, thank you. :eek::p

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Wow only 5 bucks. Hey if you don't want it put it on eBay people sometimes pay ridiculous prices of older products.

7. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Do you have any other information on an ADB to USB converter? The only one I've found is Griffin's iMate, and it is not compatible with Tiger.

I have an Apple Extended II ADB Keyboard that I picked up that I would love to be able to use (Actually, I want to use it on my Windows XP machine at work...)

8. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

ADB support has been completely removed from OS X. Not even the iMate will solve this. I thought I got a good deal on a Wacom ADB tablet + iMate only to find out it doesn't work AT ALL. Luckily I got a refund but I was disappointed. :(

9. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

You can try emulation with Basilisk. But you will need to find yourself a 68K mac ROM then you can run System 7. It is a bit of a pain to get running but it is fun to run System 7.

Also you could always get yourself a sweet Mac II, Centris or Quadra and put that keyboard and game where they are at home, for just about nothing. Maybe even use the Macintosh 16" CRT at an unbelievable 832x624 resolution:eek:. With a Centris or Quadra you could even get an asounding millions of colors if you splurge for the mind boggling 1MB of VRAM:D.

There are plenty of resources for finding other software for one of those babies.

As for the iMate it should work in Leopard according to this thread. If you just want that Apple Extended Keyboard Feel check this out. Even if the iMate does not work automatically some opensource developer must be making drivers still. Heck I can find drivers for the Imagewriter that works in Mac OS X.

10. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Save them.
    Someday you can sell them as collectibles!