A Way Out of The Mess: A Buddy System

Discussion in 'iPad' started by datapolitical, Mar 19, 2011.

1. datapolitical macrumors regular

datapolitical

So I just waited from 3-8, only to find out that even the guys who showed up at 12:30 didn't get one (Palo Alto had very limited supplies, and this is Apple's flagship store in Silicon Valley).

Thus, I have a proposal for those of you still considering a search starting next week: Team up. Apple allows you to buy two iPads, so why not show up at 9:30 and split the time between two people. If you both go in knowing you'll take whatever they've got, you have a pretty solid chance of both getting something.

So anyone considering waiting come next Tuesday, reply with your location, and see if there's another interested party you can work with. It's your best shot at getting an iPad any time soon.

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Are people really willing to take "whatever they've got?"

Just curious if the itch for the iPad 2 is so strong you would take a white 64GB Verizon 3G when what you really wanted was a black 16GB WiFi? Or vice versa? Would you take a 3G if you wanted WiFi or a WiFi if you wanted 3G? Would take Verizon if you wanted AT&T?

3. datapolitical thread starter macrumors regular

datapolitical

At this point, I'd say the color is the only factor for me. I don't think I could handle a white iPad, but i'd be willing to live with it for a month and then return it when one I order online finally arrives (there's no restocking fee anymore).

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I ended up with a white. Blacks seem harder to come by. Why wouldn't you be able to handle a white?

5. datapolitical thread starter macrumors regular

datapolitical

The Bezel would be distracting when watching movies, and I just prefer black as a color for my devices.

6. OSMac macrumors 65816

Maybe the best way out is to pickup a mint used iPad 1 for $300 ?

After the frenzy has died down reconsider the 2...

7. datapolitical thread starter macrumors regular

datapolitical

I want the gyro (and the speed, and the form factor). So i'll pass on a G1.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Yes. I took a 64 black ATT when I wanted a 16 black WiFi, though I traded it afterwards for what I wanted. I still took it so I would at least have an iPad.