A way to edit (shorten) a track in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by John McG, Dec 25, 2008.

1. John McG macrumors newbie

I just found a track in iTunes that I like a lot. Problem is, it's more than three minutes of great music with nearly a minute of very annoying talking added at the end. Is there a way, or possibly an app, to trim away the annoying part?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You have two major options:

- Right click and choose get info (or apple-I or whatever) and then one of the advanced tabs has start / stop point options. You don't get any fades or niceties with this, aside from the crossfades in iTunes.

- If it's not DRM'd music, you can certainly also load it up in Sound Studio, GarageBand, Audacity, etc, and edit it there, and then reload the modified version back into iTunes. This would let you add a fade into it, etc. You can also make ringtones from DRM-free music this way.

3. John McG thread starter macrumors newbie

The song must have DRM as I can't load it up in Garageband no matter the extension. But setting the stop time works well enough. Many thanks.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The song would generally have DRM if you bought it from the iTunes store and not if you didn't.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

^ just want to add, with the exception for iTunes Plus media. Those are DRM free I think.