A way to ensure jailbreak asap

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Jan 5, 2011.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

When I got iP4, I got it at launch with 4.0. Never updated the software, waited for the devs to jailbreak it and then chilled on it. 4.1 came out, I wanted to try the proximity sensor fix, but not to lose jailbreak (despite having my face hit the mute button a million times), so I waited for limera1n. Works great, still 1.59 and unlocked for when I was in Europe for 4 months.

When I had 3GS, I didn't update the software either. I had to do a swap of the phone (had problems), the replacement came with 3.1.3. Long waiting game. Same as 4.2.1 users now. Spirit eventually came. And something for 4.2.1 will too. Just takes time. Be patient. And get your iPhones at launch or ASAP and do not update the software until its safe to do, and make sure you know what you are doing.

It's really not that hard, people. People with replacement, preloaded phones, I feel for you. But not other people who do stupid things like update to stock software as soon as its released. Come on! Going from one gen to the next (if you get new iPhones every year) will suck for the intial waiting game of first jailbreak. But after that, smooth sailing. I might hold onto my iP4, buy an iP5 as soon as it becomes jailbreakble, and sell my iP4 unlocked (good resell value).

Just be smart.

:p

2. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

+1

I'm in the same boat. Pre-launch day iPhone (thanks FedEx!), that I never updated until there was both a stable jailbreak and a valid way to keep my 01.59.00 baseband. I'm currently on 4.1 with and easily unlockable baseband if I need it, and to be honest, not really missing any of the features in 4.2.

Unfortunately there are plenty of people out there who seem to have some sense of entitlement when it comes to getting their jailbreaks, and getting them now. It's as if they didn't know what they were getting into when they first jailbroke their iPhones!

I do feel for people who had to get a replacement though...I'd probably be a bit impatient too.

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

resell your old device when the unlock is killed not when it is available....

and they atleast have a tethered jailbreak.