A Way to Filter Out All iPhone Threads?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by highres, Jun 26, 2010.

1. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Is there a way to filter out all iPhone threads when using the New Posts link? I know that all the forums can be accessed directly just curious if there is an easy way to search new posts without iPhone threads and posts included?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Quick links> Edit Options, and scroll down to Thread Display Options. You'll see the magical option there.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. highres thread starter macrumors 6502a

highres

Thanks! In all the years I've been browsing MR I have never felt compelled to exclude anything until now and so I've never explored Thread Display Options. Perfect solution. :apple:

5. Surely Guest

Surely

I know exactly how you feel. Is there an emoticon for :frustrated:?:p

6. highres thread starter macrumors 6502a

highres

AWESOME! Works great. It's like viewing a NEW MR all over again, without all the iPhone stuff buzzing constantly in the foreground.

I don't want to disable entire forums or sections, like the main Mac Rumors Page 1 and Page 2 discussion. I just wish that I could view that forum and all of the iPhone threads would be invisible. There's way too many of them, and phones do not get me excited. This way I could read news and rumors about new Apples products, besides their phones.

So for example, if I click on Mac Rumors Page 1 discussions, all threads that have the word "iPhone" in the title would simply disappear as if they never existed.

8. highres thread starter macrumors 6502a

highres

I simply:

1 - Ran my mouse over the forum link that I wanted to ignore.
    2 - Checked the URL at the bottom of my browser window to get the forum ID number at the end of the URL.
    3 - I then entered that # in the Thread Display Options field

Voila! I magically no longer see any threads from that forum in my New Post search results. Works great.