Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motulist

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I have NOT really tested this at all yet, but I'm excited about it, so I'm passing along my VERY preliminary report. At macbytes.com I found this software way to accelerate your graphics card...

http://thomas.perrier.name/software/ATIcceleratorII.html

which I thought was very cool, but when I was playing around with it, just for fun I DEcelerated the graphics card quite a bit (-64% gpu and -64% mem) until right before video glitches were apparent, and I noticed my remaining battery life counter in the menu kept creeping up extra minute by extra minute, and is continuing to do so as I speak! Could this really be true? Or is it just a reporting error? I don't know yet, but it seems plausible that it is a true effect. Try it and see for yourself! And report back if you have the same results.

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
I overclocked the rage pro 128 16mb by 15% processor and 10% memory, I get a much smoother expose experiance and I will test it with games later on. I dont dare overclock my ibook because I am worried about over heating but I will underclock it on airplane trips to get better battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.