A way to keep network drive permanently mounted?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by enklined, Oct 20, 2007.

1. enklined macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I'm new to the mac world, and recently picked up a MBP.

I have an external HDD on my network, served via a windows PC that is always on (will get a AEBS when they come down in price). When I want to connect to the said HDD, I have to click on network in finder, then double click into the network (ie MSHOME), then double click on the networked computer. At this point, it sks me which drive i want to mount. I pick the drive, and its mounted....until I restart.

Is there a way to keep this network drive shard through my window PC permanently mounted on my mac?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

save the password to connect to the network drive in your keychain and add the network drive to your login items. when you startup your MBP it will automatically connect. the only annoying thing with this is when you startup you always get the networked drive finder window opening. put the network drive in your dock to easily reconnect if you have to.

also theres an easier way to connect to the network drive. just press command-k while in the finder and type "smb://your windows box's IP/network drive's shared name"

3. enklined thread starter macrumors 6502