Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LGKDude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Hello,

I'm familiar with using "log in" items in OSX to automatically launch applications upon startup, which is GREAT! However, I'm looking for a little more control over this process.

Is there a way to schedule when an application launches; e.g. 10min after startup? Similarly, is there a way to get programs to automatically quit at a specific time, and re-open at another; e.g. quit at 9:00am, turn on at 12:00pm?

Thanks in advance for your help and reply!

Dual 2.5GHZ PPC G5; OS 10.4.11

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
launchd.

There's no built in GUI for this (creating the config files is pretty easy), but try Lingon. That's for 10.5 but there's a link to the 10.4 version on that page.

LGKDude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Thank you very much! I'm going to look into this Lingon today. Quick question, I'm a noob when it comes to programing/scripting. Is there any possible dangers I should be aware of?

Matari

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
Hi

Or you could try automator - this will allow you to create an icon which you click on when you are ready - I have two - one which i click on in the morning which opens mail, safari etc and one which I click on when i want to shut everything down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.