A week with the Griffin Survivor All Terrain

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AuroraProject, Oct 17, 2014.

1. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I have spent a week using the Griffin Survivor All Terrain on my 6 Plus. Here are a few thoughts on it:

-Great rugged drop and scratch protection
    -Water resistant (NOT waterproof)
    -100% device coverage
    -NOT dust proof
    -Silicone is a lint magnet
    -Screen protector diffuses Retina display
    -Film covering camera softens and diffuses pictures
    -Port covers are large and allow easy access
    -Case muffles sound from speaker and earpiece
    -Included belt clip has a lock that is difficult to disengage
    -Belt clip doesn't seem too robust
    -Belt clip rotates and doubles as a stand
    -Thin membrane over Touch ID works well
    -Space between screen protector and screen makes for "clicky" use

Overall the Griffin is an ok case. It makes the phone feel much bigger than it already is. The silicone is a dust and lint magnet and will turn a pocket inside out when removing it. It will definitely protect the phone from drops and scratches, however it is not dust proof. Several times during the week I noticed dust under the built in screen protector, so I would remove the phone, thoroughly clean everything and after a few hours in a pocket more dust would appear. I use a plastic screen protector and did not remove it while in the Griffin (I swap cases frequently). For whatever reason, the Griffin lifts the screen protector in two spots (see pics). The built in screen protector softens and diffuses the retina display, as does the film over the camera. The earpiece has a dust fabric over it, but it has enough thickness to the fabric that it lifts the screen protector at the earpiece.

I picked this up direct from Griffin for $48 shipped. It will hold me over until something rugged and waterproof arrives for the 6 Plus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jkel777 macrumors 6502

I experienced the exact same things with my Griffin Survivor All-Terrain for the 6 Plus. Photos looked somewhat blurry with the front camera being the worst. Loved the protection it offered, but I realized that I didn't need that much protection to begin with. I'll probably be returning it soon.

3. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject