A weird Glitch on my riMac display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by misho73, Nov 3, 2014.

1. misho73 macrumors member

And the beta testing continues for a buggy computer.
    I encountered a weird problem an hour ago while I was surfing the web on safari on my new iMac 5k.
    I noticed some kind of glitch/artifacts vertical bar (1/2 inch wide) from top to bottom in the middle of the screen. once i hovered the mouse across it it disappeared. I did not get the chance to capture a screen shot.
    what is that exactly??? I've been trying to heavly load the computer with work, Opening multiple windows, playing 4k videos, edit on lightroom and iMovies but didn't happen again!
    Is this kind of faulty hardware or a software glitch?
    I switched to Apple cause I thought I am paying for peace of mind. i am kinda nervous now.

2. misho73 thread starter macrumors member

Guys, any idea what was that??? I have the computer for a week now. yesterday was the first time to encounter this. I am new to iMac. is this like normal? should i be worried? I still have a week t return it. Should I return it? Should I wait for few days and see if it happened again. since yesterday it never happened again.
    Any thoughts? thanks.

3. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Try to get a screenshot of it. If the glitch shows up in the screenshot then it's a software or driver issue which will hopefully be fixed in an update.

4. leenak macrumors 68020

You call it a buggy computer, are you having other issues? Seriously, not every computer produced is 100% issue free, doesn't matter if it is the RiMac or something else. So watch for it, but that is definitely not normal. I haven't had any issues with mine but I am careful to watch for them because if they do pop up, I can take it in to Apple to have it looked at.

5. misho73 thread starter macrumors member

maybe you are right or maybe I'm expecting too much from Apple. I am new to iMac and obviously I am having unrealistically higher expectations. I'll keep an eye on it hoping it's only a software glitch

and yes I'm having a laggy Mission Control and finder maximizing issues

6. leenak macrumors 68020

Some people are reporting that but many believe it is Yosemite.

7. misho73 thread starter macrumors member

So it's buggy #

8. leenak macrumors 68020

The OS may have a bug, yes. OS can be fixed and I wouldn't worry. The HW is where I'd worry.