A Weird issue in iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shujaat, Sep 7, 2011.

1. shujaat macrumors newbie

Hello all,

This problem is discussed in many forums and in many threads in this forum. But I have a very different situation. I purchased a iphone 4 locked to AT&T. I unlocked it using gevey sim and then jailbreak it using jailbreakme.com. It was running 4.3.3 and BB 04.10.01.

After all this I tried to call someone and found out that ear piece is not working. I searched it on different forums and some people suggested that a clean restore can fix this. So I updated my phone to 4.3.5. and to bypass the activation screen, i again jailbreak it using redsnow, though its tethered. unlock works perfect even better than 4.3.3, jailbreak, installous, cydia everything is working fine but still ear piece is not working.

I checked it using voice memo, recorded some voice played it on speaker, I hear the voice but when I tap the speaker button to direct it to another speaker, nothing happens, i mean i cant hear anything.

I checked ear phone port for any dirt, inserted and pulled out the ear phone's pin a few times, applied every proposed solution available on web but in vain.

Any body please suggest something. Or Do i need to replace the ear peice?

TIA

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Yep. Replace the sucker. Probably just faulty hardware rather than a software issue.

3. shujaat thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I am thinking to do so. But I read somewhere that ear piece stops working after jail breaking. Has any incident happened like this before?

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Apple will swap the phone under warranty if it is under warranty for that. I had the same problem.

5. shujaat thread starter macrumors newbie

I purchased it from US and I am far far away from US and there is no apple store in my country. Lets see what happens. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.