A whole list of reoccurring issues...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by actingbiz1, Oct 29, 2007.

1. actingbiz1 macrumors member

actingbiz1

Current Issues: (I can regenerate all of the below problems under replicated conditions, I will post the error report information at request)
    1. Terminal will not launch on main account, but works on guest.
    (Thread: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1202933&tstart=0 )
    ^[Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000ffffffff]^

2. Finder crashes unexpectedly due to a Segmentation Fault
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000028908c0]^

3. Safari Crashes after asking for a proxy server password more than 5 times due to segmentation fault....again....
    ^[Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000]^

4. Safari constantly rejects proxy username and password as "Incorrect" when in fact they are correct. They will also not be stored in Keychain even when asked. Its as if Safari is not accessing the proxy account information set by System Prefs.

5. System Preferences crashes.
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000ffffffff]^

6. My Console is spammed by the message:
    [com.apple.launchd1] (com.apple.dyld) Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

7. Motion will crash under certain conditions
    ^ (Thread: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1201519&tstart=0 )^

Now, I am understanding that this is 10.5.0, and may have a few bugs, but it seems as if every day I turn on my computer, a new set of programs fail one by one. I have no choice but to do a full system wipe and start all over...... a good 3 hours, if I am lucky. Heck, still better than windows, taking the base OS 2 hours, and then the rest of the applications and drivers one by one.....
    But these are just a few of my mounting issues.... I have supplied my computer hardware profile in previous threads of mine about some individual programs, but now I have compiled them all into this list of rising problems, I am assuming, (despite what they say about assuming) that for each one occurrence of my issues, there is at least 50 others that occur to other people.... Hopefully Apple will see this post and start work on getting these issues fixed, who knows what else may fail..... I'm lucky (knocks on wood) that I haven't had a permanent kernel failure.....

2. loktkey macrumors newbie

I get this error when trying to execute Warcraft 3