Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
So I was on Mail today, found this...

What could it be? Do I need help?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Assuming that nothing has been blurred out by Photoshop, that looks like a graphical bug. If it is the first time you've seen it, it could be nothing. However, if it starts appears more often you could have a defective GPU.

PS: Stop surfing on the eastern side of Cinnabar Island. You'll get beaten up by a level 100 Snorlax.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Looks like your GPU got sick and threw up a bit.

Has this happened before? Did it go away when you scrolled down a bit?

Ryukouki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Haha, I'm more concerned about the Snorlax with the HP bar off the screen. :D

But yeah I don't have Photoshop so nothing's blurred. I troubleshooted the RAM issue, and it doesn't seem to be that. :( I dunno what it could be, I've tried the HDD too. :p I've tried putting back the HDD and RAM that were stock, same issue.

kurayami88

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
what mb r u using?
how old...?

hope it's not a retina issue...
*p.s.> 2nd day on my new retina... no issues so far at all...

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
it's warning you not to sell!

Looks like a GPU issue. I had a similar issue years ago, and it turned out to be the GPU. Do you still have Apple Care?

callan37

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
I have had similar issues since upgrading to Mountain Lion. It has only affected Mail, and has only happened a couple of times. In both instances, quitting mail and restarting it has fixed the issue. I didn't think anything of it, and assumed it to be a bug in the new version of Mail

Ryukouki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I have had similar issues since upgrading to Mountain Lion. It has only affected Mail, and has only happened a couple of times. In both instances, quitting mail and restarting it has fixed the issue. I didn't think anything of it, and assumed it to be a bug in the new version of Mail
Alright thats good. It's not a terrible thing, just a bit annoying haha.

ahdickter

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Assuming that nothing has been blurred out by Photoshop, that looks like a graphical bug. If it is the first time you've seen it, it could be nothing. However, if it starts appears more often you could have a defective GPU.
There's a good chance it's not a defective GPU.

OP, are you running Mountain Lion? Ever since both myself and my friend updated from Lion, we have been getting these graphical bugs in Mail. If these odd glitches occur elsewhere, then you might actually have a problem. Otherwise, just wait for 10.8.1 and see if your issues are solved.

Ryukouki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
There's a good chance it's not a defective GPU.

OP, are you running Mountain Lion? Ever since both myself and my friend updated from Lion, we have been getting these graphical bugs in Mail. If these odd glitches occur elsewhere, then you might actually have a problem. Otherwise, just wait for 10.8.1 and see if your issues are solved.
Yeah I'm running ML and it only happens in mail, specifically my eBay messages. -.-

callan37

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
If closing mail and reopening mail doesn't work, try feeding it a Rare candy - that usually evolves it into a Rhydon.

InuNacho

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
Same thing used to happen to me quite a bit with Activity Monitor and my old Macbook's X3100. Sometimes stuff doesn't want to cooperate with integrated cards.